Poz Mikey

3/19/2006

D.U.B.


So Mikey is writing this posting a little tipsy. Some of the women from the salon I work at asked me to go to the Crow's Nest where a funk to soul group known as The Al James Band was performing. Having made a commitment to go out with them one night I said "Sure." Having getting there on my bike, I go upstairs to the dance floor and find my friends sitting there surprised I showed up.

I took off my coat then told them I was going to the bar for a drink. I step up to the bar ordering my favorite drink which is an amaretto sour. An old bald man hit's on me in this straight club at the bar before I had my first drink. I think "please god not here, I am here to have fun." Sorry I am not a flamboyant queen, but damn this guy's gaydar must have gone off. Hold on this gets better.

So I start to sip the first hard drink I had since June of last year. Al starts his first set and I think "Oh shit I am not going to like him." Then he stops his set for there was a problem with the sound system. We wait 10 minutes till the sound system is adjusted, then he starts to wail. This guy was very talented. We start to dance and I get thirsty so ordering my second drink, I have become my mother because in about a hour and a half I am tipsy and she can't hold her liqueur either.

Going out to the designated smoking area this woman in her late 30 comes out and starts to tell me her life story. All about her fiance' for 6 months, how she moved up to the north county then proceeds to ask me to sleep with her. Whoa, hold on there, back up, I am not that fucking drunk. Me being me I said it was a pleasure to meet her and rush back in where my friends are waiting.

We dance a little more till Al finishes his set. I think I better get home to take my meds so I start to ride home and there is a policeman sitting in his car. "Shit" I think, I don't have lights on my bike and he's going to pull me over for a D. U. B.(driving under the influence while biking.) Needless to say, he didn't pull me over and I made it home safe. I did promised the women I would go out again with them some other time to see AL play. It turned out to be quite a night.

3 Comments:

  • hit on by both genders, hot stuff. ;)

    By Blogger Sizzle, At 2:52 PM  

  • mikey went out drinking and i was not involved? what has the world come to?!

    - jules

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:18 PM  

  • Rabbit-Thank you

    Sizzle-yeah, one was old and bald, the other engaged and female

    Jules-One night we will go out

    By Blogger Poz Mikey, At 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|