Poz Mikey

3/20/2006

You've Come Along Way Hugo


I have been debating with the myself weather or not I wanted to see V for Vendetta. Not have read the graphic novel and not know the story plot, wondering if it's going to be as bad as "Constatine." Yes Natalie Portman is a good, but not great actress. Then I visited their official website and found out Hugo Weaving is was playing V.

I remember going to see "
The Adventures Of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert" in Baltimore with Matthew and a group of friends. I didn't think much of Hugo at that time either. I was more impressed with Terence Stamp and Guy Pearce. I loved Terence in Superman II as General Zod. I wanted to sleep with Guy Pearce for he was a toned hunk in that movie though I am not into drag queens. They are too high maintenance for my taste.

So then "The Matrix" came out where Hugo played Agent Smith. I thought damn this actor has gotten much better. Not only that he was also doing "Lord Of The Rings." It's like he is the king of trilogies in the past few years.


So since finding out that information and knowing the great scripts he picks, I have made up my mind to see "V For Vendetta." Hugo you have come along way from your drag days. If it is a bad film I know I will still enjoy the special effects.

6 Comments:

  • Yo Mikey, thanx for commenting on my blog! I too want to see V for Vendetta despite some mediocre reviews. And Hugo Weaving is wonderful in everything he does. I think he puts his best in almost every film I have ever seen him, even the bad ones.

    By Blogger WAT, At 10:09 AM  

  • Saying he has come a long way is understating things just a bit. I'm looking forward to this, but I'm not sure when I'll see it. Have to do it sometime when Katie is busy since she doesn't want to see it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:30 AM  

  • go see the movie
    later, maybe, read the book
    do them in that order or you will be disappointed.

    And dude, having seen Priscilla like 10 times, i had no idea that was Hugo.

    go figure

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:42 PM  

  • WOW WOW! I just saw the film. Hugo does not disappoint. Tremendous!

    By Blogger WAT, At 12:45 AM  

  • Hey Mikey - definitely go see it... I found it to be one of the best and most riveting movies in quite a long time!

    By Blogger Justin Thyme, At 4:26 AM  

  • Wat-Thanks for the input

    Kevin-I understand why maybe Katie doesn't want to see it,not her genera.

    Jules-You and I need to talk movies

    Justin-Going to try to see it this Sunday

    By Blogger Poz Mikey, At 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|