Poz Mikey

4/14/2007

HIV/AIDS And The Masking Effect


So this past week I found out something new about the HIV/AIDS virus which was new to me. Ever since I found out I had the virus, I have been seeing a nutritionist (BTW I adore her) every few months.

I never knew why I was seeing her but found out why this week. The HIV/AIDS virus can cause something called "the masking effect." What this is, is the virus replacing fat for muscle but you stay at the same weight.


The only way to diagnose this is by a a BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) test. This is done by hooking up two electrodes to your body. One is placed on your hand and the other is placed on your foot and is completely painless.


It is VERY beneficial for people who have HIV/AIDS to workout. In the general public, most people burn fat for energy when the workout. People who are living with HIV/AIDS can can the body use muscle as energy first instead of fat. You see the HIV/AIDS virus can change our metabolism. Sometimes we use the muscle first and the fat for later.


This just gives me one more reason to hate and educate the blogger sphere about the HIV/AIDS virus.


footnote: Information was taken from the pamphlet "Lean Body Mass Simple Answers To Critical Questions" for more information you can visit www.serocare.com.

1 Comments:

  • hi MIKEY

    SO WONDERFUL TOO SEE YA
    I HAVED GOT TOO WALK ON MY TREAMILL
    IT IS SITTING COLECTING DUST
    SO HEALTHY TOO GET EXCERCISE
    YOU TAKE CARE
    PRETTY PICTURES AT MY BLOG WHE YA GET A CHANCE

    SMILES AND PEACE

    DEB/LEMON DEB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|