Poz Mikey

7/11/2006

Hijacked: Mikey's New Computer

Jules here. And right away, I'd like to apologize for having hijacked Mikey's blog, but it's one of those moments in which i think a hijacking is called for. You see, Mikey and I have been sharing my computer for about a month now and while I love Mikey's company, I much prefer his face and full attention, to the back of his head and a "uh huh" when I'm in the midst of an animated tale about the bee I stepped on barefoot moments before. Oh wait, this isn't about me, is it? Right. It's about Mikey, you see, and the intensity of his withdrawls, in the aftermath of the death of his old computer.

A couple of weeks back, I suggested that Mikey plug in a Donation button, so his friends and readers could donate to his Computer Fund. He wouldn't hear of it. And I was reminded of a time a couple of years back when I too thought blogging was a pure art, sullied by money or requests of that sort. I got over it, and truth be told, I think the reality of a brand-spanking new computer would get Mikey over it pretty quick too. That said, here's the pitch:

For the price of lunch (or an uptown dinner date if you're feeling flush) you can contribute to the continuation of this blog and in doing so, improve the quality of our beloved Mikey's daily life. Just ckick on the button below and show Mikey what his friends are made of. We'll hold the funds until we reach the Cheap-But-Decent-Desktop goal and I'll update you along the way.










If you have a PayPal account, you can click on the button and note Mikey's New Computer in the Payment line. If you don't have PayPal, but want to donate, just let me know.

Jules

2 Comments:

  • the link "let you know" does not work

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:36 PM  

  • so, just cause I'm curious and all that, how much has been raised thus far and what is the goal?

    I've linked ya. Hope this will help!

    Take care, love!

    By Blogger Party Girl, At 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|