Poz Mikey

7/05/2006

Computer Update, HIV/AIDS Awareness And Oprah, AIDS Ride

So Jules is suppose to hear something about my computer from her computer guru to see if it can be saved this week. I am holding with baited breath praying that it will restart. I love Jules for everything she is doing for me. Thank you my dear.

Trying to put out what it's like living with HIV/AIDS on a daily basis is my calling in life. Being in a reflective mood the other night, I want the general public and the world wide web to know the ups and downs with living with this disease. Having to jump on friends computers all the time is becoming a strain for them and for me. I E mailed Oprah to see if she could help me get a new computer so I can keep working on the HIV/AIDS website and awareness without pestering my friends. Being on a limited income, I am having trouble saving up for a new P.C.

I'm committed folks. Yes, from going to having full blown AIDS with my T cells at 65 to riding in a 60 mile bike ride AIDS fund raiser this October 1 with my T cells 468. I will be celebrating my two year and 1 day anniversary of finding out I was positive this October 1st the day of the ride. I signed up for the ride this past Monday. The Santa Cruz AIDS Project is really struggling at the moment due to cuts in City, State, and Federal funding. My goal is to raise at least $500.00 dollars in contributions riding in this fund raiser. I will let all my internet friends know if they can call S.C.A.P. and make a contribution in my name for the Surf city ride so I get credit. I am so stoked now about doing this 60 mile ride.

5 Comments:

  • I wonder Joey has same computer problems like you. Luckly you can still use your friend's computer while he has to go to the public library.
    Hope Oprah send you new computer for you.

    Are you going to wear french maid's outfit for bike ride?
    xoxox,
    e

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:13 AM  

  • Good job. I too blog about my living with HIV/AIDS and I do alot on the computer to meet and help other POZ. My blog: www.hiv-aids.blog-city.com.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:25 AM  

  • Have I mentioned how awesome I think you are lately?

    Well, I do, because you are!

    Take care, love!

    By Blogger Party Girl, At 7:27 AM  

  • yay for you! you rule.

    By Blogger Sizzle, At 10:23 AM  

  • You had full blown AIDS at one point?!

    DAMN. That is shocking and so good to hear that you've gotten so much better.

    You're a fighter man. Please post the link to dontate too, cause I'm lazy to look for it.

    By Blogger WAT, At 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|