Poz Mikey

9/29/2006

525,600 Minutes X 2


Tomorrow is the day that I will have known I was positive for two years. I will not rehash my story. If you want that, you can click on my side bar and read that posting.


Over the past 2 years, I have had three roomies that have died from complications from HIV/AIDS. I have had numerous tests along with who knows how much blood work done along with being evicted twice do to benefits not being there.

Now looking back before I was positive, I lived in a black hole. I can say that it took HIV/AIDS to start enjoying my life. Just the other night someone commented on one of my postings. "I am new to the positive world. You give me inspiration and hope."


When I read that comment I teared up and had to step away from my computer. Just knowing that I was able to give someone hope that was newly diagnosed touched me deeply.


In the next few weeks this blog will also be celebrating it's first year anniversary. I have also started putting postings on my page on myspace. A few months ago the Gay Guru and I started a HIV/AIDS website in which I help to write and edit. It's been sometime since that site has been updated but we are starting up again on October 7th (the day after my birthday).

I have found in the last two years an inner strength in myself. I have found that putting out what it's like having, and living with HIV/AIDS on the web my calling in life at this time. If I can give hope to more people living the this disease then my life will have been fulfilled.

Again I am now having dreams, wants and aspirations. I would like to start dating for one. I started thinking about get nicer monetary things. I would love to be able to take a vacation one day to somewhere really nice.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported and helped me in the last two years. My journey in life is not yet complete. My goal is to educate and help those who have and don't have HIV/AIDS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|