Poz Mikey

1/13/2008

80 Percent

So I have been hanging out in the Gay.com chat room for my area hoping to meet that someone special. Since I couldn't get into my normal chat room, last night was no exception. Let's just say I was frisky and didn't meet anyone which put me in a slight depression last night. I kept thinking about the 80% of the population that won't date people with HIV. That I will never find a partner again or a sex buddy.

So this morning, I Googled 80% won't date people with HIV coming across some disturbing facts. Here are a few facts that I found......

1) 80% of new HIV infects are caused by risky behavior from 20% of people who have HIV.

2) 80% of people who have STDs won't tell their partners.

3) Almost 80% of people with HIV had experienced some form of prejudice or discrimination.

4)
The CDC estimated about 80 percent of HIV-positive black women were infected through
heterosexual contact.

5) Nearly 80 percent of those infected with HIV are between 15 and 45 years old.

I just want to say I feel more depressed now.

3 Comments:

  • I’m proud to be gay and be seen with my partner. I found my soul mate on Pride Dating which is a gay dating, gay singles site.

    Oh my, I’ve searched for such a long time. PrideDating offers a breath of fresh air in the search for the best gay dating site. PrideDating is the coolest, newest gay dating site and I love it.

    Before I thought that only pathetic losers turned to the computer to find a date. Now, with the Internet changing everything from the way we shop to the way we find driving directions, internet dating has become the hottest way to meet other gay singles.

    I’m a young, athletic 32 year old gay man. I work in the automobile industry. I earn really good money. I’ve wanted to share my life with another gay man. Take trips together, dine out, go to the movies and love my man. Who turned out lived in the same city and is gorgeous. He’s tall, dark and so handsome.

    Finally, PrideDating saved my love life. I swear that it’s a safe, reliable gay dating site. It has thousands of members and it offers a unique Hot List feature which allows you to view all of the gay dating men with gay personal ads who are checking out your gay personal ad, sending you messages, reading your blog and checking out your gay pics. You can even add the gay dating man of your dreams as a Buddy for Free. The best part is you can even upload video of yourself so that other gay singles who have gay personal ads can check you out live and in living color. Best of all is that the sign up is free.
    It's the best and easiest way to meet lots of gay people who share your interests and your future desires.

    The gay photo personal ads posted by gay single members are packed with details, gay photos and interesting info about them. PrideDating offers the latest technology including video chat, instant message alerts and even notices when other gay singles view your profile. If you are interested in someone then you can take it to the next level and send them a message or video chat with them. PrideDating is a gay dating site that provides service for both gay males and gay females, bisexuals and the transgender.

    Choosing our partner is one of the most significant decisions we will make. The person we choose to wake up next to each morning has the power to determine the quality of our life, where we live, the people we socialize with, everything. If you’re not gay and you want to educate yourself go here - wikipedia.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:22 AM  

  • Hey Mikey! Buck up, little camper! I know being without someone gets old, but I still hold hope that I'll find someone. It's a new year, so perhaps this will be my time! Yours, too.

    Happy new year.

    By Blogger Karl, At 9:25 AM  

  • Don't beat yourself up Mikey.

    The HIV- negative crowd doesn't lead that happy a life either.

    We've all got issues. Take comfort in knowing you are most certainly not alone.

    By Blogger WAT, At 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|