Poz Mikey

1/13/2008

80 Percent

So I have been hanging out in the Gay.com chat room for my area hoping to meet that someone special. Since I couldn't get into my normal chat room, last night was no exception. Let's just say I was frisky and didn't meet anyone which put me in a slight depression last night. I kept thinking about the 80% of the population that won't date people with HIV. That I will never find a partner again or a sex buddy.

So this morning, I Googled 80% won't date people with HIV coming across some disturbing facts. Here are a few facts that I found......

1) 80% of new HIV infects are caused by risky behavior from 20% of people who have HIV.

2) 80% of people who have STDs won't tell their partners.

3) Almost 80% of people with HIV had experienced some form of prejudice or discrimination.

4)
The CDC estimated about 80 percent of HIV-positive black women were infected through
heterosexual contact.

5) Nearly 80 percent of those infected with HIV are between 15 and 45 years old.

I just want to say I feel more depressed now.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Mikey! Buck up, little camper! I know being without someone gets old, but I still hold hope that I'll find someone. It's a new year, so perhaps this will be my time! Yours, too.

    Happy new year.

    By Blogger Karl, At 9:25 AM  

  • Don't beat yourself up Mikey.

    The HIV- negative crowd doesn't lead that happy a life either.

    We've all got issues. Take comfort in knowing you are most certainly not alone.

    By Blogger WAT, At 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|