Poz Mikey

10/22/2008

Colonoscopy

So after waiting for four months, I finally had my colonoscopy. Needless to say I really had a hard time with the prep for my procedure trying to find out why I had rectal bleeding.

So Monday I prepped for my colonoscopy using Halflytely. You take two pills then wait to you go number two then you have to try to drink 2 liters of their solution 8 oz. every 10 minutes.

When I got 3/4 of the crap down I started to get sick to my stomach. So late Monday night early Tuesday morning I started to hurl. I must have blown chunks 5 or 6 times plus squirting out my bottom.

When I got to the place where I got my procedure, I told them everything I was going threw. They told my not to worry and everything would be fine. I was scared as hell they would find colon cancer or something else major.

After four months of worrying, my examine was normal. There are a few funny things that happen at the surgery center where I had my colonoscopy. The first is they told me that they were going to give me something that give me amnesia I thought they said milk of magnesia and said I could take it because it would block my meds. Second when they were taking out the I.V. I kept saying I need to use the bathroom. They said well we're worried about your hand squirting blood. I said " I'm not worried about my hand I'm worried about my ass squirting!!" And now for the topper!! Since I really couldn't keep anything down two of my meds. didn't dissolve and they saw them in my colon. When I awoke, they gave me a picture of the two meds. in my colon. I will say my bottom is sore tonight from the colonoscopy!!

2 Comments:

  • so wait, all is well except for excessive poo? and we can all stop holding our breaths over colon cancer, though we might not want to breathe in until the air clears? is that what you're saying?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:46 PM  

  • This sounds about as fun as being captured by the Nazis. UGH!

    By Blogger WAT, At 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|