Poz Mikey

8/10/2006

Where Are They Flying Cars?


When I was growing up I remember watching The Jetsons, seeing movies like Metropolis and loving the flying cars. I couldn't wait for the 21st century to get here. I was one of those people who wanted a Jetsons's car.

Well now it's the year 2006 and I want to know "Where are the flying cars? Where is Moon Base Alpha like in Space 1999? Where are all the kewl gadgets we saw when we were growing up?"

Detroit and Japan are under the influence of the large oil companies, gas prices are soaring through the roof with bigger profits for the oil companies. We need to find other means of transportation.

The Jetson society is still a glimmer in someone's eye. I think we are living more in a 1984 society today. With the NSA tapping innocents phones in the name of homeland security and the war on terrorism. Companies and the government putting spyware in our computers.

Where are all the visionaries? Where are the peace makers? Where are the people who would rather live in an utopia society then having our big brother (number 43) running our lives and knowing what we do 24/7?

For me, I don't like it. What is your opinions and feelings about growing up and how we are living and being treated today?

6 Comments:

  • Yeah, technology has made great advances alright, but not that FAR. Most things are still pretty much the same, altho IPODS and the INTERNET have made life way cooler!

    By Blogger WAT, At 12:21 AM  

  • don't EVEN get me started. LOL i feel like it's 1 step forward, 2 steps back. the rise of conservative christian viewpoint has me highly disturbed. prayer in school, etc. if you want prayer in school...send your kids to a religious school. public school is public, lots of different views. OMG! see! you DID get me started....aaarrrggghhhhh. i'm going to go listen to my i-pod, make calls on my cellphone and suck my thumb like the big baby that i am.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:21 AM  

  • Area 51 it has been said is working on an anti-gravity / anti matter flying device....It will probably be developed for Bombs and Killing innocents before it helps to relieve our oil dependence.Cameras at Traffic Lights and on street corners make it more like Big Brother the surreal life... I personally am waiting for a Tractor Beam so I can finally say Beam Me Up Scotty and not need illegal drugs to get there!!!!!

    By Blogger A Voice For My Random Thoughts, At 9:23 AM  

  • what a coincidence, i just bought the jetsons dvd box set today...

    By Blogger Metal Chick, At 11:05 AM  

  • This is a really good post! I thought to myself, yeah! Where are all the visionaries?

    PS I love the picture post and you are right on about the Buffy musical. It is the only episode of Buffy that they show her in Germany in the original English.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:13 AM  

  • Well said, I think it's just a state of things in this day and age and we all have to deal with it.

    Cheers

    By Blogger Ben, At 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|