Poz Mikey

8/07/2006

Pet Sitting And Myspace HIV Support


This must be my month for pet sitting. This coming weekend I am sitting Fat Lola and Iggy for Jules and Remy while they are out of town. Then next weekend I get Sela for a few weeks while my ex Matthew gets ready and goes to burning man.

I know myspace has gotten a lot of bad press lately from some idiots. I have found it a great place to put out about HIV/AIDS awareness. I have been communicating with some people who are HIV positive asking then to send their stories to myself or the Gay Guru for are HIV site.

I didn't realize that others feel like myself about educating the main stream internet world about this diease. It's nice having the support and feel like your not alone in your cause and belief of educating what it's like living with HIV. I was getting frustrated in my writing feeling like I and GG were alone in this strife. I was getting tired of thinking WTF am I working so hard for trying to making this world a better place for all to live.

Now I'm getting so much support from people it's unreal. For all those who are supporting this cause I want to thank you!!

2 Comments:

  • I think that your Blog is all part of your Higher Power's Master Plan. It takes Baby Steps...Look at how far you have come in such a short period of time. I have seen your writing mature incredibly ... As a former educator I think what you do is very important.Sharing your own story and the fact that you are living with HIV is soooo important. It gives some Hope and others an avenue to discuss their fears or answer their questions.The Internet is a vast place loaded with misinformation...You're putting out good informtion to some who may not be reached any other way and it is all factual! Keep up the good work Mikey, you can Make a difference.You have a lot more in you....and so much to give!

    By Blogger A Voice For My Random Thoughts, At 12:08 AM  

  • Can I just say that taking care of the pets and stuff is just adorable?

    I love animals!

    By Blogger WAT, At 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|