Poz Mikey

4/20/2006

Let's Get Loud, Let's Get Loud


So I am working Tuesday- Thursday this week do to my boss teaching at California Dreamin'. So, as I have said a few times, I go in early my first day back to clean his room, check in inventory, and complete what ever needs to be done. Well, when I went in early this week I put on one of my boss's C.D.'s marked 80's music. I have to have music on whenever I clean.

This first track comes on and it's some dance tune about boys. This blogger doesn't know the title or artist of the song. I'm cleaning and the second track comes on and it's ABBA's "Dancing Queen." Hold on, wait, wasn't ABBA in the 70's? I'm still cleaning enjoying the music.

The third track comes on, it is a dance version of Pat Benatar's "We Belong." I am so digging this C.D. Cleaning to my hearts content now. "I Love The Nightlife" follows Pat I know it's a 70's hit disco song, but I'm thinking this C.D. is amazing. The fifth track is a dance cover of Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind Love" done by this wonderful female artist. Yes!!! I love that version.

Track 6 comes on and I hear it has a Latin flavor beat;

Hey, Hey, Hey,
Let's get loud,
Let's get loud...

All of a sudden, I find myself cleaning like Hank Azaria's Agador from "The Birdcage." I put the C.D. player on repeat so it plays again. I'm dancing around the room sweeping. I'm shaking my hips dusting like when I stripped in Baltimore. Then Marion the receptionist of the salon walks in on me. Oh No, Busted.

She says to me"You're too funny!!" I say back to her "I can't help myself. I absolutely love this song!!! BTW do you know who the artist of this song is?" Marion says back to me" Oh what's her name. Oh yeah it's J. Lo." My balloon busted I exclaimed back "J. Lo., J. Lo., Oh no, no, no, it can't be." I hold my head down in shame. I put myself back into the "closet." For now I am a closet case, one song, Jenny from the Block[head] fan.

7 Comments:

  • Quick cure--Erasure's ABBA tribute album, "ABBAesque." Holy cow, it's the best of two worlds!

    And you can totally come be Agador at my house; Lord knows I need the help, but you have to wear those shorts.

    By Blogger ninjapoodles, At 11:26 PM  

  • Belinda- Sure I'll come over and wear a pair of Daisy Dukes for you.

    By Blogger Poz Mikey, At 11:37 PM  

  • i love hank's character in that movie. too funny!

    it's ok to like a j. lo song. we'll still like you. :0

    By Blogger Sizzle, At 7:51 AM  

  • LOL! Do you think I could get a copy of that CD? I like to incorporate music in my English lessons. When I sing to my English students, they get that, "Dear God, when will she stop??" look.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 8:53 AM  

  • Kevin- I was dressed in a thong.
    (JK)

    Sizzle- Thanks love

    Claire- I have three of the songs on my computer

    By Blogger Poz Mikey, At 7:27 PM  

  • Ha! Listen, I have TONS of CD's you can listen to if you come clean my house! No J-Lo, though. Sorry.

    By Blogger Karl, At 8:40 PM  

  • Oh my, a little J. Lo lovin' hahaha... I am forever getting busted dancing around the house.

    We are allowed a little dance music for cleaning. I usually end up listening to The Clash or something but once in a blue moon. A bit of Pink or cough N Sync seep in there.

    N.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|