Poz Mikey

4/21/2006

On A Serious Note....


What's up bloggerville. Lord knows I love to laugh, and joke, and have a good time. Today I find myself taking a serious note. I have been watching the news, think what is wrong with America today. With reading Wat's amazing postings about the Latino strife in this country, and our political representatives. With the immigration reform bills pending in both houses. All the bigotry of the bible thumbing, corporate, unsympathetic idiots that we call the American politicians. This blogger believes that change is needed.

The call for resignations in the presidential cabinet, the conflicts of Iraq and Iran, and many others I could name. Why don't we take a look at who is doing the calling. Hello red state republican voters, I am talking to you. You were the ones that voted for this Dick and Bush in the White House. You have no reason to complain about how the country is being run. You were the ones that put this president into office. You are the ones that cry out with the loudest voices for change when things don't go your way. This president has set this country back into the late 60's & early 70's.

Are the non judgmental people of this country going to need another Kent State, Stonewall, riot to have their voices herd. With deaf blinders on, this president can not even admit to his mistakes. Bush has forgotten his people and what our forefathers wrote so long ago. Where is the separation of church and state and that all Americans are equal. I know I am having a blogging temper tantrum at this moment.

I had a conversion with a good friend about the Easter Egg roll at the white house. To all the gay families who went, did you really have to wear those leis to separate yourself? We have been striving for equal rights trying to prove that we our the same as everyone else. You should have gone dressed just like the straight families without the drama queen attitude of drawing attention to yourselves. You were there for your children, not for a cause.

Speaking of children. This is for all those who protested in front of the white house during the roll. How dare you ruin something for the children who were there to have fun. Just because "gay families" were their, your bible thumping beliefs spoiled a traditional event for the beloved children who didn't understand why you were protesting. Doesn't the bible say "Love thy neighbor as thy self ?" What would happen if gays religious and none religious sects started protesting all your equal rights and ruining your children's fun? True Christians are not judgmental.

I want all the non-judgmental people of the world to go to their computers and blog those immortal words of Howard Beale in the movie "Network." I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

6 Comments:

  • Thanks for the shout out there bud.

    It really is overwhelming ain't it?

    It's almost as if everything accomplished during the Clinton years has gone backward to some sick neo-conservative present full of so much bigotry. Archie Bunker is alive and well in 2006 apparently.

    I have always stood by and loved this country.

    I dunno anymore.

    And that is sad.

    But we gots to keep on truckin'...

    By Blogger WAT, At 1:40 AM  

  • excellent points on all fronts.

    On the Easter Egg roll, I agree (shocking, I know) I get the point of wearing the leis, but was it really needed? What point were/are they trying to make? That we're all alike, then no need to draw attention and seperate ourselves. Show that we are all alike.

    Bible thumpers? Don't even get me started. Don't even get me started. There is no soapbox tall enough or strong enough.

    By Blogger Party Girl, At 7:51 AM  

  • keep speaking out. it does make a difference.

    i love that quote. it is appropriate on many levels far too often.

    By Blogger Sizzle, At 8:28 AM  

  • the point of the egg roll was not that the gay families are just like everybody else, it was that gay families exist at all, and without the leis, people can go on thinking that 'isn't that nice that mom/dad brought their sister/brother along' -- and don't have to process the fact that gay families exist

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:54 AM  

  • My mother voted for Bush. Twice. After O'Conner retired and Rehnquist passed away, I was watching TV with my mom. I sighed and said, "There goes Roe vs. Wade." My mother looked at me, "No. I don't think so." "Really, mom? You know who supports Bush. And he would not let his core voting block down." My mom thought long an hard for a moment. "But I did not want that when I voted for him."

    Every time I think of this administration I think: Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 7:36 AM  

  • i think bible-thumpers aren't happy unless they're ruining the fun of innocent children and everyone else. There is so little joy in life if you're a fundamentalist, you've got to find it where you can I guess. ;)

    By Blogger suze, At 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|