Poz Mikey

6/05/2006

A Sad Time For America

It is a sad time here in America. Pres.43 is trying to push a constitutional ban on gay marriage. How would you feel if you couldn't put your partner on your health insurance and they became gravely ill and destroyed you financially? How would you feel if you had no legal rights to your partners possessions when their family disowned then for life? There is suppose to be a separation here of church and state. Why is it then all the bible thumper politicians are the loudest voices in this country? Jesus practiced tolerance why can't our politicians? Our forefathers fought for this right!! I see Americas politicians forgetting those great men who fought so hard for tolerance.

As for gay adoption, I feel that a lot of times gay parents love their children more having to go threw the adoption process. I am not saying that a lot of genetic parents don't love their children but gay parents take in the unwanted children that most straight families refuse to give a second chance. I am sure there are exceptions to this rule. I am not trying to offend anyone but the politicians and give them a wake up call. I was able to see for myself yesterday at pride the love that gay parents show their children.

Being gay is not a choice we make in our lives as one person argued with me for half an hour at pride. We do not wake up one day and tell ourselves that we want a relationship with the same sex. I know in my heart that being gay has to due with something in the human DNA.

So to Pres. 43 and congress I would like you to live under the bigotry and hatred we live with daily. Try living with the stigma of being gay and having HIV. See how it feels like being turned down for jobs when you are asked in a job interview why you haven't worked for a year. You tell them you were fighting to reclaim your health and they say "NEXT!!" Yes it is a sad time in America when our politicians are teaching intolerance. Welcome illegals to the land of the free and home of the brave. Is this really the country where you want to live?

5 Comments:

  • right there with ya. blogged about it today myself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:42 PM  

  • This is the main reason why I ended up disliking Pres. 43 so much. The stupid conservative fool that he is, swaying all the other religious right freaks along with him, when we've got more important issues to deal with in this country and the world in general.

    How about the environment Bushy?! Why not take care of that?!

    By Blogger WAT, At 2:19 PM  

  • It's all a bunch of horse shit... whatever happened to the concept of politicians being a representative for ALL the people?

    Sadly, I remain unsurprised. Every single time I write out in support of equal rights for ALL citizens of this country, I am assured of getting some kind of wacky hate mail (including one entry in support of same-sex marriage which got me a lovely death threat).

    Freedom is such a relative term.

    By Blogger Dave2, At 6:38 PM  

  • The idiot is just trying to get clueless fuckers to support him again. That's pretty much all this is about, unfortunately I don't think it would ever pass.

    Love is Love, I don't care about the flavour.

    Cheers

    By Blogger Ben, At 1:03 AM  

  • Don't even get me started on how stupid this proposed Amendment is!!

    By Blogger Party Girl, At 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|