Poz Mikey

3/05/2006

"Brokeback Mountain" "Crash" And Burns For Best Picture


Did you really think I wasn't going to leave this one go by? Brokeback Mountain didn't win best picture. Maybe the Academy is only 10 percent gay so they only got 10 percent of the best picture vote. "Not" I do need to thank 2 people from the Oscars and I have a question about the best picture acceptance speech!

As much as I hate George Clooney as an actor, I want to give him props for mentioning AIDS during his acceptance speech. George I know you will never read this but our whole house went nuts when you mentioned that in your speech. There was another man who won a lesser award who went on stage wearing a red ribbon. I am sorry I didn't star your name on my"printable Oscar. Com Ballot" so I could also give you props.

Did anyone else notice that Cathy Schulman accepting her Oscar for best picture thanked her husband and wife? Jill and I both said "What did she say, ABC can you please rewind that please?" Bitch we didn't tape it. So I would like to know if anyone else noticed that the female winner for "Crash" best picture award thanked her husband and wife?

Oh yes Jon Stewart. John Stewart I think did a great job hosting and I loved the fake vote for me commercials. Those had us laughing our asses off. Good job Jon.

3 Comments:

  • Okay, good, someone else did notice the whole "husband and wife" thanks thing. It wasn't just me. Katie missed it entirely and I didn't think it was worth TiVoing back to see.

    What was up with that? What am I missing?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:05 AM  

  • i didn't notice it! damn it! that is so funny. george is a great guy. humble and heartfelt. like reese. i like when these kinds of people win. like philip seymour. he so deserved it. i didn't think brokeback would win for a variety of reasons but i sure didn't think crash would win. that is so. . . not right!

    :) sizz

    By Blogger Sizzle, At 10:45 AM  

  • I was really surprised that, "Brokeback Mountain," didn't win more awards.
    I did finally see "Crash," on Saturday night before the Oscars and, Wow. Simply wow.

    I don't know why Reese was nominated let alone why she won for best actress.
    I am off my soapbox.

    I did catch the, "wife comment," although in my fevered sick bed state I thought perhaps it was a delusion.

    I have to disagree on George. I think he is positivly yummy. A modern day Cary Grant. Yum.

    By Blogger Party Girl, At 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|