Poz Mikey

10/04/2006

Jaws Jr. and I'm Pissed

Yesterday the boss took me to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to see the baby great white shark for my birthday. We had a great time together and I was going to put the video on this blog but something pissed me off. If you want to see the video you can click here to my blog on myspace and see the male baby great white shark.

This morning I looked at my You Tube account. There was a message from a radio station saying that the were going to use an audio bite from one of my video clips about the L. A. Gay and Lesbian campaigns "Aids the Gay Disease, Own It, Stop It!"

I was so excited when I herd that my work doing HIV/AIDS education was going to be broadcast. After listening to the pod cast I'm pissed. The announcer said "I'm am dying from this disease!!" The sound bite they used made me sound like I was on my death bed.

Guess what people, I'm not on my death bed and not dying from HIV/AIDS yet. I am a fighter and will keep fighting this disease with all my might.

Yes some national recognition would be great if the context is correct. This announcer used the sound bite out of context. I'm not a happy camper right now. What I will do is keep putting the word out about HIV/AIDS but will cover my ass more closely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|