Poz Mikey

12/23/2005

Love! Valour! Compassion!


Last night my roomie Driver rented this movie to watch and asked me if I'd like to watch. So I slipped the tape into the VCR, turned up the sound not knowing the content of the film. I found this film humorous, and sometimes extremely hard to watch at times. This film dealt with a group of friends in which two of them have HIV/AIDS in the late 80's early 90's. It deals with relationships, friendships, and the virus. One of the character's wants to sign up for the drug protocol program. This film also has two of the sexiest male on male kissing scenes. I must warn you this film has male frontal nudity and back nudity. Randy Becker (shown and has a full monty shot)and Justin Kirk are very hot in this film. It is rather well done and the cast is fantastic. Taken from the Tony award winning play which stared Nathan Lane. John Glover reprises his role from the stage show as twin brothers. One of them has HIV, and is suffering with lesions on his skin. For all you Seinfeld fans out there Jason Alexander gives one of the best performance's of his life. He also has one of the funniest lines I herd in a long time. " I was having a musical comedy nightmare. They were going to revive West Side Story staring Cher and Robert Goulet . We have to stop them." The film also made me think about my own mortality, my friendships, how much I would like to have a significant other in my life, and how this virus will effect my body. It is a film worth watching, and one which I will add to my collection one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|