Poz Mikey

1/30/2006

The M.Y.T.H. Series


I'll admit I am not an avid reader. I find most books boring, and sometimes to technical for my taste. I love Michael Crichton the author of Jurassic Park but sometimes his technicalities puts me to sleep. This brings me to Robert Lynn Asprin. He is the author of the M.Y.T.H. series. A humorous fantasy adventure series about a young wizard named Skeeve and a pervert named Aahz, I'm sorry that's a pervect. My Favorite next in line behind the Harry Potter series, and before Pierce Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality, and his Apprentice Adept series.

Granted Asprin writes more an a teenage level, but he has these great quotes in front of each chapter. Some of my favorites I like to share with you today.

1: "Careful planning is the key to safe and swift travel" Ulysses

2: "In time of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head!" M Antoinette

3: "Man shall never reach his full capacity chained to the earth. We must take wing and conquer the heavens!" Icarus

4: "What are friends for!" R. M. Nixon

5: "Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce!" Henry VIII

6: "That's entertainment!" Vlaad The Impaler

7: "The best laid plains often go fowl!" Wile E. Coyote

8: "I love the night life!" C. Dracula

9: "_ Or was it unlock the safe then swim to the surface?" H. Houdini

10: "If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bullshit!" Prof. H. Hill

11: "This posting on my blog was easy, and not time consuming!" Mikey M.

Enjoy the 17 links in this posting I found for you my fellow bloggers.
* footnote -I found two spellings for Vlaad (Vlad) on the web. So give me a little leeway on that one.

1 Comments:

  • That one is my all time favorite. The next is "I love the night life."

    By Blogger Poz Mikey, At 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

|